A lot has happened since our last blog post, but the most important thing has been the very successful Indiegogo campaign to fund our licensing as a cottage food business. Thanks to our very supportive friends, and a surprising number of supportive strangers, we raised enough money to do some necessary improvements to our kitchen, do repairs to one of our ovens, purchase some new kitchen equipment, and get the Two Drunkards registered as a fictitious business name and licensed as a cottage food business. At this point we are still, I’m embarrassed to say, working on fulfilling the perks promised to our contributors, though I am happy to be on track to putting cocktail bitters and biscotti in the mail to the folks who chose those perks by the end of this week. Then I have a lot of bread to bake.
To celebrate the first shipment to our quarterly bitters club, which includes two ounces each of celery and orange bitters, we’re going to post three cocktail recipes this week. Here is the first one.
- 1 ½ ounces rye (Rittenhouse 100 proof is our favorite)
- 1 ½ ounces sweet vermouth (Carpano Antica or another old formula vermouth works best here)
- 1 dash orange bitters
- 1 dash celery bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir.
- Strain into a coupe or Nick and Nora glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lime peel.